Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not so anxious







I know, I am probably the one mom on the planet that kind of dreads Christmas day. Yes, I am anxious for the girls to get their gifts and to see the look on their faces when they get that super special gift, but a little part of me is always sad on Christmas Eve. I am always sad about the projects I just couldn't get to, the thought of taking down our beautiful decorations and that idea that this warm and cozy season is over the moment the present are open.

In Alaska, things seemed to slow down a bit. People weren't in such a hurry to take it all away, they seemed to savor the cozy feelings indoors, as the feeling outdoors were much colder and what some would see as pleak. But living here, people seem to live life at a much fast pace. I can't quite put my finger on it but things seem to be more rushed and less savored. So for once last moment, I want to take in the views I see and the feelings that go along with them...tomorrow will be here soon enough!




This year we left Santa a Mickey Mouse waffle and milk instead of cookies!





Grow-a-Santa was huge hit! Thanks Toni!

No comments: