Friday, February 12, 2010

One Small change February


I know I am really late at posting this but its better late than never right?


We currently have many things we are trying to change about our lives...simplifying being the big one. It's amazing how much stuff you can collect in 4 years time and how little of it was actually NEEDED! But that's another story...


For the month of February, our one small change is getting away from plastic. For a few years now, we have been trying to avoid plastic toys but just in the last week or two we have been replacing our plastic storage dishes with nice glass ones. I hate the amount of waste we have in our lives so we tend to use these disposable plastic dishes far longer than they were intended and I've read terrible things about microwaving food in them so we took the leap! I tossed the plastic or passed them on to friends that needed them, keeping a few really good ones for storing cut up fruit and replaced them with an awesome set of glass storage dishes we got in a set at Sam's club!
Now, when i heat up left overs I don't have to dump them into another dish to heat up and the feel of these dishes is so nice and clean that we don't even mind eating directly out of them rather than transfering the food (yet again) to a plate! We are loving the change and I don't miss the plastic one bit!
This one small change makes a big difference in the feel of our kitchen...give it a try!

1 comment:

Renee said...

I've been having the same feelings about those plastic storage containers. (don't you love those gross white googly molten spots that occur from overheating?? That right there ought to tell us something.) I too have been dumping from plastic to glass in order to re-heat in microwave. Thanks for the nudge!