Friday, June 10, 2011

5 Question Friday

Why not head over to My Little Life and join in on 5 Question Friday! :)


 1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
Pretty darned close actually! By the age of 30, I wanted to be married, with three  or four kids and own a house. We have been married for almost 9 years now, have two kids (I make up for the rest with furry children!) and have owned two houses! I remember in the 4th grade having to write about what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I said I wanted to be a mom, a teacher, a writer and a hair dresser.... So far I have been all of them in one way or another. I'd like to pursue the writing more but hey! I still have time right? :)

2. What is one must have item for the summer?
Hmm...that's a tough one.... I could be responsible and say sun screen.... or practical and say flipflops.... but I think I am going to have to go with....crafts! Oh sure, I could say that about any season, knitting in the fall and winter, sewing in the spring.... but there is just something about tyedye t-shirts or stepping stones that just screams summer don't you think!? I always have so many ideas that we never even dent my list of things to do but maybe this summer will be different huh? :) We already have a date set with friends to tye dye, and then wooden 4th of July crafts are already bought and just waiting for a good day to paint outside!

3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)

Considering we are homeschoolers, it's really hard to just shut off learning, but that's how I wish it was for everyone! We are always learning and making the most of what we can to make everything a learning experience!! Learning doesn't mean sitting down doing worksheets (in my opinion) and neither should school! :) So, my answer would be yes and no... Yes we continue learning and usually have an on going topic that we learn about in the summer (this summer it's volcanoes and some astronomy!) but no... we don't have the same workload so to speak as we would the rest of the year.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?

Since I am new to the idea of homesteading I have a lot to learn in this area. So far I have mostly frozen veggie and fruit. Actually right now, I have a tray of blue berries tray freezing in the freezer and an entire shelf of blackberries that I froze last fall! :) But I am slowly learning about canning. I made jam in the fall... both freezer jam and the kind you seal in jars. And I've made canned dilly beans too! I'm hoping that I will be doing more canning in the fall... cross your fingers for my garden...

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?

I can if I have to... lol  But considering I've been up for 3 hours and I'm still in my pjs I would have to say no! :)


I hope you've have a great week and will have an even better Friday and weekend!!

No comments: