Friday, December 30, 2011

A season of blessings

I really don't know where the time goes! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were getting home from our trip and getting the house in shape for Christmas!! How does it all just slip away so fast?


This season has been full of so many blessings I don't even know where to start! With the surprise kick off to the holidays, the wonderful time spent with family and these two amazing little girls I have the privilege to be raising, I really don't think I would possibly be any more blessed....


We jumped into decorating the house just as soon as we got home and even started what I think might just be a new tradition of cutting down our own tree!! The memories of that day and the joy I saw in my girls' eyes when they got to "help" Daddy cut it down will forever be a Christmas favorite!
























Of course there was lots of crafting....

These little guys were made as part of an ornament exchange with Living Craft magazine

 
The girls each made these trees and cinnamon ornaments for a kids swap with Bits of Goodness!

And quiet moments...

A beautiful night of Solstice!



And of course our beautiful candle lit service at church!

Now the days seem to be going by even fast and the new year is upon us.... I so enjoy the quiet days in between these holidays... the games we play, the books we read and the yummy food we share with each other and our friends. I hope you are all able to take a few quiet moments to take it all in this holiday season... I don't' want to rush even a minute of it...

1 comment:

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

Hi Hallie, I received my little gingerbread man and magazine today! Thank you so much, my son has already ran off playing with him ;-) And the magazine is great - might end up getting a subscription myself. I also just read your guest at MamaMoontime and I love your Anne and Gilbert!!! Warmly, Kelly