Thursday, August 13, 2009

Living in the land of make believe

I was doing so good at getting organized and staying on track when we thought that quick acting orders north were in our future. But now, I just can't seem to get bac kon course when the goal isn't something we can see...

Things are so up in th air and my heart and mind are so tired of getting my hopes up and confused on whats the best thing to do! And when it comes down to it, the military will do what it darn well pleases!

For this evening, I am going to listen to the wind blowing outside and pretend it's a blustery fall day, not the 95 degrees it surely is. I'll pretend the air is cooled by Mother Nature and not the ever running AC and I'll continue on with my knitting education in hopes that someday soon I'll have a need for warm hats and wool sweaters...I have a lot to learn...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hang in there kiddo. The AF will do what it pleases, but in the end things have a way of working out. I totally understand where you are - in the late '80s we wanted out of SD so freakin badly, hated it there. And we finally made it out around 1990 and were sent to Cali... where we met you all and spent 4 lovely years near family & friends. :)
Peace. xoxo