Thursday, March 31, 2011

Washington Rainy Season

Jan 1st - Dec 31st! lol

I saw that on a shirt and it made me laugh! The rain, or rather the grey and gloom, are no laughing matter in our house! :)

I am really having to reach down deep lately, not letting the grey and gloom just consume me... I knew it was going to rain alot but I never expected it to be so dark and grey!!! I've lived in Alaska and it wasn't this dark! lol

We try to make jokes about it... "the weather says it's gonna rain today, tomorrow is scattered showers and the next day it's supposed to rain! ha!" If we didn't laugh, we'd cry! lol So today, on our walk down the road to check the mail (which there was none! boo!) I think it surprised even the girls when I told them to go ahead... just jump!! When nature gives you lemons you make lemonade right? Well, when Washington gives you rain... make mud puddles!

And sometimes.... mamas have to jump in too!

Today I was really trying to see the hidden beauties on a dark and dreary day...and as always, God gave me just what I needed....

Lots of little reminders of the amazing things nature is doing all around us... despite the gloom and rain! We are SOO ready for the sun to return but until then, we are just going to have to keep digging deeper and looking for the little treasures happening in the world around us....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Hallie!! Well said. Keep on keepin' on, and the sun WILL shine again. Ps... our past two summers in AK were just like this, it's been awful! Thank god we take Vitamin D!!! ~ Jen

Linda said...

I was going to mention VitD. lol. Important esp when there's no sun. We don't have much either - but I'm not a sun fan and always said I'd do great in the PNW. lol
Hang in there!

Unknown said...

There's nothing more fun then jumping in puddles to take away the gloomy feel to rainy days :)

Love the frog photo, it's gorgeous!

dawn klinge said...

That is such a great photo of the frog in the grass! I'm in the Seattle area too, and I too am really wanting some sunshine! Puddle jumping is a wonderful way to make the best of what we've got though.

Kelly said...

I love the frog in the grass picture. Hooray for jumping in puddles. Yeah, I suffer too when there's no sun about.