Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tricks of the Trade- Imagination Box Review

As moms, we all have little tricks of the trade so to speak. Some have great ideas for getting their kids to clean up after themselves (Let me know if you have figured that one out! Ü) and then there are the new ideas on how to get them to eat their vegetables! What ever the case my be, us moms have to stick together and share the knowledge that we all had to learn the hard way! :) That's what I love most about blogging. It's not just about keeping a diary, it's about gaining an education from the comforts of our own homes! I have learned so much about Waldorf, homeschooling, crafts and cooking... the list could go on and on....

So today I want to share with you my newest found "trick of the trade"....

A few weeks ago, just when I thought we had made it thru the winter with out having a nasty flu bug make it into our house hold, we all came down with a cold/flu. It came in waves through the house, starting with my youngest first and ending up with me... ugh....

If you are a mom, you know how hard it is being sick with little ones. Just because we are sick does not mean that the world stops and we simply get to rest. While my girls were very good about letting me rest, there is only a certain amount of time that they can stand being cooped up in the house and being quiet while I rested before they started getting restless... in comes my secret weapon....

A while ago, I was in touch with Imagination Box about reviewing one of their eco friendly toys and they were SOO wonderful to work with and let me pick out my favorite one to review! Within just a few days this box was waiting on our porch!! The best part? IT'S MADE IN THE USA!! Woo hoo!!! If you'd been a follower for very long, you know how important that is to me! :)

Easy to Assemble Sturdy and Safe
All Non Toxic
Uses Post Consumer Material
100% Recyclable
Good For Mother Earth
Toy Made in USA












 Remember me talking about my secret weapon? Well, it was the second day of that nasty bug and I was just exhausted. To beat all... it was Valentine's day and all my plans were obviously NOT going to happen! The girls had been just golden but they were still kids and could only take so much quiet time... so I mustered up enough energy to get this tower out of the box and then set them up to work on it in the kitchen. Now, it came with paints, but considering they were going to be kinda  unsupervised doing this (Our kitchen and living room is all one big room but still...) we broke out the markers and away they went! A couple hours of pure bliss, well as much bliss as one really sick mama can get laying on the couch with a box of kleenex and more hot tea that I have ever drank in a short amount of time and two VERY happy kiddos!!! In fact, when I tucked them in bed that night, I apologized for such a crumy Valentines' day and my daughter said "it was the best Valentine's Day ever! But I'm sorry you were sick Mom" That just shows what a big hit this toy was! :)

This toy was awesome!! Not only did my girls absolutely love getting to color it and make it their own, but they have been playing with it for weeks!!! It is definately a good quality toy even tho it's made of cardboard. I just love hearing them play with the Barbies and the stories they come up with of going on vacation to a castle where they find Tangled stuck in her tower! lol Too cute!!





I think that everyone should have one of these in their closet for a rainy day. This is something easy to take on vacation, great for birthday gifts or something to have on hand at Grandma's house for something easy to store and play with! Or, in our case, easy entertainment on a sick day! :)

The ONLY bad thing I could say about this is the box that it comes in has a picture on the outside, so if you're ordering this as a surprise you better beat your kids to the mail! :)

We are SO in love with Imagination Box Co!!


If you'd like to learn more about their specials, sales etc please check them out on Twitter and be sure to "like" them on Facebook too! You won't be sorry you did!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks like an awesome toy!