Thursday, August 26, 2010

I so kneaded that!

It's funny the silly little insignificant things you miss when you can't have them...for me it was homemade bread, cloth napkins and my sleep number bed! Ok, I missed other things too (books being at the top of that secondary list) but those three seemed to be the most missed while staying in the trailer....

Today was our first full day without DH, and while it felt good to get back into a schedule...the day also seemed to last a bit longer than usual. Now, that might have something to do with the fact that I got up at 5am with him or maybe it's just because it was a long day without him...it's been awhile since he had a full day of work and his days will be a bit longer here than we are used to anyways. Never-the-less, I'll be glad when he gets home again...


I did manage to get quite a bit done today tho. Two cups of coffee, emails, blog roll, bath and phone call with Mom...all by around 9am! Who knew you could get so much done! lol Oh, and of course we had to go visit the chickens and check for eggs....that's right...you read it...we have chickens!!! It's pretty funny but I knew this house was "the one" when the owner asked if we would be interested in keeping the 4 laying hens and rooster with the house!! The girls were thrilled and have a new love of eating "chicken eggs" as if they are something different than the ones we buy at the store! lol Now hopefully they won't lose interest in checking for eggs, their enthusiasm is so fun!






Back to the things I missed the most...sleep number bed was the first to check off the list...then I unpacked the napkins (including the adorable chicken ones I got in KS)....and today I made bread!!!





I have tried many recipes but this is one of my favorites. I think I found it in an old Taste of Home magazine. Yep, I did! Boy was that easier than typing it all out! I love this recipe because mine actually ends up looking like the one in the magazine! lol


Ok, I guess I really should get to making some dinner to go with that bread...the natives are getting restless! I feel so blessed!

No comments: