Wednesday, November 10, 2010

American girl

For as long as I can remember, I have loved learning about history....in books, in movies and eventually with toys too like those from American Girl. I can remember getting my Kirsten doll and the magic that came from having a "friend" to go with adventures on. Oh sure, it's another doll and I know I had plenty, but this doll was different....she was a child like me, not a baby, and the books that told her story struck a cord with me.

Felicity Merriman 1774

I so look forward to the day that I can pass this doll on to my girls, although I don't know how I will ever expect them to share this one doll! Just moments ago I discovered a blog that might make it possible for me to give them each a doll!! MomsBestBet is offering up a Felicity doll to one lucky reader!! How amazing would that be to win!? Not only could we learn about fronteir life with Kirsten but we could learn about colonial life with Felicity!  And oh the clothes and things we could make for them! lol I have been plotting already how we would use American Girl to learn about history and even lucked onto some curriculum to go with it! Now it's just a matter of waiting for the girls to be ready for it!

So, as much as I would like to keep this giveaway secret and win it for myself...I feel compelled to share it with all of you (plus I get extra entries for doing so! lol)...so go enter! Even if you don't want it for yourself...there has got to be a little girl in your life you could give this treasured doll to...or you could just send it our way! lol :) Just kidding....kind of ! :)

No comments: