Friday, December 3, 2010

5 Question Friday

Can you believe it's already December 3rd? Where o where did the last year go?! I must have blinked because I think I missed November entirely! lol I can't believe how fast time is flying and how lax I have been on this blog lately.... it's not as if I don't think of all of you and want to write, it's just that my days have been so full since we got home from our trip that I hardly have time to eat lunch! lol It's been a flurry of decorating and crafting and trying to get presents finished up (ok lets be honest... started... lol). I'm sure it's the same for all of you too right? Well, I will try to do better, really I will. I have missed writing and will try to do it more often as I know I really do need a break from sewing and such. I am beginning to think my hands are going to permanently stay in place for holding my knitting needles! lolThe typing will be good for them! :)

So, in an effort to stay currant with you all, I am going to take part in the Five Question Friday from over at My Little Life... won't you play along too!?

1. What's on the top of your holiday wish list and why?!
2. What is your favorite Christmas gift from the past?

3. If you had life to do over, what would you be when you grow up?

4. When do you put up your tree?

5. What is your favorite Holiday?


Here's my answers to them...

1. What's on the top of your holiday wish list and why?!

  Hmm... this is a tough one. I don't really have anything that I "need" and I just got my new sewing machine/serger so I don't really feel like it's fair for me to want anything either... but in the spirit of the question and with the idea that anything is possible... as in if Santa brought magical gifts for adults too...I would say a big hat box with holes...and a fuzzy little dog inside... I know, so lame but it's really the only thing that I can think of that would be just for me and totally frivolous (I know it wouldn't really be just for me, as I would have to share with little ones but still)....that would make a magical morning for me. Oh to have wishes like that!

2. What is your favorite Christmas gift from the past?

A few years ago, my husband's grandma and aunt each got me part of a set of Christmas villages from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life"... I was so excited and so surprised! I so enjoy unpacking it every year and remember getting it with such great memories!



3. If you had life to do over, what would you be when you grow up?
 
I am one of the lucky ones, I am doing exactly what I always wanted to when I was growing up...I can't imagine anything better!: )



4. When do you put up your tree?

We actually put it up on Thanksgiving. While the turkey is cooking, the Macy's parade is playing and we are snacking on chex mix, we all set up the tree and attempt to get it lit...then we decorate it with ornaments the next weekend after we've gotten the rest of the house decorated during the week! I so love this time of year!


5. What is your favorite Holiday?

Growing up it was always the 4th of July but as an adult I would have to say Christmas and New Years....we got married on New Year's eve so this time of year is always special to us!

No comments: