Friday, January 22, 2010

Simple Winter Pleasures #22


I've have been feeling the need for a pick me up...in other words...my hair done! lol But I didn't want to fork out the big bucks to get it done. ugh! So, the other day while I was at Walmart (another ugh) I bought a box of hair color and today I took the leap!!




I don't remember the last time I didn't have highlights, heavy blonde highlights, at times so heavy that I was more blonde than brunette. I've had my hair artificially colored for as long as I can remember and I think I even started to think that it was me...but it's not. Now, perhaps these feelings will pass but for now I almost feel free! For the first time in 10+ years, I have dark brown, close to my natural brunette hair! Now I can't wait to see the reaction of my girls and favorite guy! lol I didn't really plan on this today so they didn't know I was going to do it either!




The last time I got my hair done I was high as a kite and felt shiny and new coming home to show off my new do! Until, my very dark headed little girl asked why I made my hair yellow like her sister's and when she could get it done too! How am I supposed to teach my girls to love themselves when I don't feel good in my own hair! (Again, this feeling may fade but for now it all makes sense!)




Today has been a rough one, as said brunette daughter seems to be going thru "something". I can't quite put my finger on what that "something" is but she really seems to be needed some extra TLC from me and I guess I'm just not coming thru for her as much as she needs/wants me to. Maybe it's the upcoming move, or Daddy's busy work schedule these days, maybe it's her very baby acting sister or maybe it's just being five almost six! I feel very helpless with her frustrations and outbursts. I am really hoping that it will make her feel good that now we have the same color hair...perhaps it will magically fill in some need she is lacking? Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Did you family like the hair ?
I have never dyed my hair, but had perms instead They made me feel the same way you feel with the color.
I stopped having perms about 4 years ago and even got a different haircut. Yeah! :0)
When are you moving?Your daughter mood might be part of the moving preparations .With my hubby's job we have moved a bunch of times and our youngest had the most issues with it. The other two where ok.
Every kid takes it a bit different .We always tried to make it fun and special and I'm sure you do the same. :0)
For me it is important that the kids know that home is not where the house stands, but where the family is! :0)

the hermits on the hill said...

Can't wait to see it! You hadn't told me! And that's the color I've been using lately. LOL (although it *might have had a D after it) For just a shade lighter I used 116A for years though.

Hallie said...

They didn't notice until I pointed it out! :P Guess it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it did! I love the idea of being more natural but the dark just doesn't feel like me...I keep hoping it will grow on me.