Friday, January 9, 2009

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one that dreads taking down the tree? I'm not talking about the chore of actually taking it down (that will catch up to me later) but rather the abrupt halt to the the warm and cozy feeling that the green branches and lights make in my house making it all seem less *blah*....I told myself that after vacation I was going to stay in denial and keep up all the decor as long as I could. Heck, I even put out some of our new stuff that I got on sale the day after Christmas! lol I was doing good, held up in the house for days after we got home without leaving the house. I was able to still pretend that it is cold and dreary out and that the winter season wasn't over. That is until yesterday! The girls and I went outside to hang laundry in the sun and it was a blamy 74 degrees! How can I feel warm and cozy inside when it's so nice and spring like outside?! So, the tree is coming down and with it the lights that I so love getting up to every morning. I think I'll stay in denial a bit longe tho and leave my garland out on the mantle...maybe if I add some red to it I can stretch it out till Valentine's....Ü

5 comments:

suzanne said...

Hi Hallie

No you are not the only one. I secretly have to admit to putting up our tree on the 12th of November last year. It lasts much longer then. I just LOVE the feeling of the christmas season. I just want it to last and last. .If you look at my blog,( http://downinthemeadow.blogspot.com) you will see a picture of my eldest daughter hugging our tree with real feeling. Its great to know that I am not alone!

Warm regards
Suzanne

Michele said...

Ugh! 74deg, how 'bout minus 20???!! It is the longest, coldest stretch ever recorded in Anch history! Our pipes froze the other day! Soak up some of that warm weather for me. I'm trying to send some of the cold your way. Can you feel any of it in the breeze/

Jackie said...

LOL I can understand the feeling of coziness that the tree creates but I also love the vacant space it leaves when it's put back outside. I feel so organized!
I don't know how else to gat ahold of you, Hallie, but I wanted to say how thankful I am for the parcel that you sent us. It is was so very, very sweet. The kids have been playing with the puppets non-stop. Did you make them?
Thank you for the smiles you've put on our faces.

xox Jackie

the hermits on the hill said...

Ya that's why I have flamingo lights to put on the mantel for the summer and scarecrow lights for the fall...it helps 'keep the feeling' going. Ü Who says you can only have that kind of stuff out in the winter. LOL

Brooke said...

I do love the tree and hate taking it down. It seems like and end and noone wants the season to end!! I am like the girl who said she likes the big hole that was pretty cool to see too loL!!