Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A little girl bed

I know I should be happy that she's moving on to the next stage in her life, it shouldn't make me cry to see her crawling into her toddler bed...but it does....We hadn't planned on dismantling her crib last night but knew that day would be coming sometime soon. She climbed out of her crib and was sitting in a little chair on the floor when I found her. I was so scared she was hurt but in just a minute or two she was laughing it up with Daddy about crawling out of the crib! lol So...at 10:30 on a Monday night, she moved on to her "little girl bed" as we called it. I pulled out the princess quilt I bought months ago for just such an occasion and we tucked her into her "new" bed (her crib with one side removed). She was smiling as I took the pictures, just soaking up all the attention but was not at all happy when the lights went out and Daddy said goodnight! Needless to say, it was a long night with little sleep and I woke up to find her sleeping on the floor next to sister's bed in the morning! Where does the time go?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh it made me so sad too! I am getting used to a little more now but I am still tore up!!! Huge hugs to you! And your little girl!