Monday, January 26, 2009

Holding our breath

It seems like our "Saga of Remi" may be coming to an end. I've been trying to cover my bases and have talked to everyone I know to possibly call. Last Wednesday I called both the Humane Society and Animal Control and they both said that basically she is ours. When I asked Animal Control what the time line was for an animal becoming officially a stray and she said that the moment she stepped off the neighbors property without tags and we felt that she needed cared for! The only catch would be if they called the cops and accused us of stealing her! (Can you imagine!?)
SO... this morning I called the police department, no they didn't even laugh at me, and asked them for their advice too. The woman at the front desk told me that after contacting them about "their" dog twice, I didn't need to try again and should just consider her ours! She said to document everything (thankyou blogging) and asked if I took pictures (laugh!). She said that she didn't see how they would ever come back and try to take her and if they did then we had more than enough to prove neglect! I am just beside myself and don't feel like it's even real but still feel a lightness in my step and attitude today. It's a dark, rainy and gloomy day but it's the best I've felt in such a long time!
I've gotten laundry done, dishes, vaccuuming, rearranged the livingroom yet again and quite a bit of sewing done in the short time I've gotten to work on it! I feel so accomplished and look at the world in a better light....I am just so glad we get to make her life better because I already know she's making ours better too!

5 comments:

Heidi's Blog said...

Im so happy for you Hallie. I was sure hoping you got to keep her. I say dont ever give her back. They dont deserve her the way your family does. If they come asking for her just say "What dog?". Its not like they would recognize her anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you too! Congratulations!
I hope to see you on Friday at craft night!
Sandra

Jennifer said...

How wanderful! Once I heard that she had come to you, I just knew she was yours. The universe brings things to us when our hearts are open. Congrats to you all.
:)~Jenn

Linda said...

Congrats on your new fur-baby!!!
Robin

thebensons123 said...

Yeah! I have goosebumps! That's wonderful for you guys! I'm crossing my fingers that things stay happy and safe!