Friday, June 25, 2010

Aloha Friday

An Island Life


Aloha!

Isn't Friday a great day for making new friends? Head on over to Aloha Friday and join in on the fun!

The question for today was what do you have planned for the 4th of July? We are actually going to get to spend ours with family this year! What a treat! Fourth of July has always been a big deal in our house, big bbqs, fun desserts, outside games, friends and matching patriotic shirts! From the time DH and I first were married, we have always had some sort of matching shirts, either store bought or handmade. the first year we were married, we were almst late to the BBQ at my parent's housebecause DH was finishing up his spray painted flag shirt! At the time I thought he was crazy but it turned out to be one of my favorite shirts! lol This year the girls and I are trying something new...tutorial and pictures to follow!

My question for you....what is your family tradition for the 4th of July holiday?

10 comments:

Auntie E said...

We usually go to Va Beach. But since my Mom death we are changing the tradition. We will have a party here and go to Fire works some where close.

Jessica said...

a get together or going to a park..

cristiniscouponcrazy said...

usually to bbq or see fireworks. but it has changed since me and my sister got older
check out my ALOHA FRIDAY question here

septembermom said...

We need a tradition. I would love to go to an outside concert being held in my area. Maybe this year! Happy Aloha Friday!

Rach said...

I'm English so don't celebrate 4th July, i would love to visit the staes for 4th July weekend and join in the celebrations :-)

Gale said...

We always go over to my Mom's for the 4th, because she has a perfect view of the fireworks from her porch! (And the best ones are not all the "official" fireworks, but the ones the locals shoot off).

Jennifer K said...

We usually just hang out and BBQ. We may get some sparklers this year to celebrate!

LeAnn said...

Usually for the 4th, we have a big cookout with some friends and watch fireworks over the lake.

Thanks for visiting The Squeaky Grocery Cart. New follower :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

We don't really have a tradition. My brother in law is having a party this year and we are going.

the hermits on the hill said...

I miss our family tradition of having a big bbq at the house then going to see fireworks. I'm finding things change with life circumstances...you getting married, living in Germany where you weren't even suppose to wear a red, white & blue shirt & also not being surrounded by our military family that were also displaced in whatever state we were living...:(