Monday, June 28, 2010

The Song remembers When challenge & Lavender Festival





This weekend we headed out to explore more of our area and ended up in Oklahoma at Lavender Valley Acres' 6th annual lavender festival!






I so miss or lavender plant at the old house! I can't wait to plant some in our new home!







We enjoyed the vendors and I even got a new pair of earrings!









It was all I could do not to buy a new plant!







The girls loved watching the belly dancers! Their dancing was beautiful!








It was SO hot...and we were all thirsty! lol




the gardens were beautiful and so full of flowers and veggies!




The details on this bird are amazing! The girls ooo and ahhhed until we had to finaly pull them away! lol




It's funny that we'd be reading a new fairy book this week about a lavender fairy getting ready for the mid summers ball...and she was singing this song! I had forgotten about this song, haven't probably heard it since I was little....so glad to have a new song to sing with the girls! Now I need to find the guitar chords! Don't you just love Burl Ives?






Lavender blue


Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so.
Call up your men, dilly, dilly, set them to work
Some with a rake, dilly, dilly, some with a fork.
Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, some to thresh corn.
While you and I, dilly, dilly, keep ourselves warm.
Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue,
If you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you.
Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly, And the lambs play;
We shall be safe, dilly, dilly, out of harm's way.
I love to dance, dilly, dilly, I love to sing;
When I am queen, dilly, dilly, You'll be my king.
Who told me so, dilly, dilly, Who told me so?
I told myself, dilly, dilly, I told me so.

No comments: