Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Song Remembers When Challenge -"Stand"

On Facebook this morning, my friend Tricia posted this question..You're sitting in a bar. A song comes on and suddenly you think of me. What song is playing? Re-paste this in your status and see how many crazy songs you get back! While she got some funny replies, like Baracuda and Honky Tonk Woman...I always think of her when I hear this song....

We both lived in Alaska together, on the same street actually and we were such a huge part of each others daily lives....this cd came out the day (or maybe it was the day after) she left to move back down to the lower 48. I had dreaded that day for months and didn't know how I was going to get used to her and her family being gone...for some reason this song gave me comfort that we would both be ok and that all the baggage that came with our friendship was only going to make us stronger....It's funny how a song that was probably meant for a whole other meaning can make so much sense and give us comfort thru a very tough day...

1 comment:

Tricia said...

ah, nothing like a good cry! So ready for a girls weekend in Seattle!!!