Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Song Remembers When Challenge- Who Says You Can't Go Home

Ok, I figured if I was going to share our "Texas Song" and I've already told you the song I consider to be our "Washington song" then of course I have to tell you about our "Alaska song"!

This song came out when we were getting ready to move out of Alaska on our way to Texas...there was just something about it that always put a smile on my face and gave me some strange sort of comfort knowing that I could always go home. The song says "I've spent twenty years tryin' to get out of this place, I was lookin' for something I couldn't replace, I was runnin away from the only thing that I've ever know" and while I wasn't really trying to leave the only "place" I'd ever know, I had left behind a life in Missouri, a few years before,that I just didn't feel like I fit into, and I was trying to find a place that I couldn't replace, because in all my travels I'd never found somewhere I really wanted to stay...no place ever felt like I was truly home.

" I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold" discribes Alaska to a tee! I know that life is a journey and that every second of every day has shaped me in one way or another so the line"There isn't one of these lines I would erase" hits home that I have no regrets on these "millions of miles of memories on that road"

"Been all around the world and as a matter of fact, there's only one place left I want to go...Who says you can't go home" Home to me is Alaska, and someday I will get to go home but until then, I'll just keep playin this song...

No comments: