Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Song Remembers When Challenge- Indescribable





This week, my husband and I are volunteering at VBS (vacation Bible school) and I have been so moved by the lessons the children have been learning and the joy that I have witnessed on their faces. The lesson yesterday was based on Psalm 139:14 " I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful and I know this very well." I know the kids don't grasp how amazing that is (I know I can't fathom it completely as an adult!) and that some of the kids at VBS don't come from homes that remind them just how amazing they are...that's why I'm so glad they have a place like VBS that they can learn about God and His love for them...




I am working in the craft room (go figure huh??) and I have so enjoyed listening to the kids talking to each other and hearing their ideas about things. I know VBS is supposed to be for the kids, but I am learning alot too! There are a few kids that I would love to just take home with me...they are all so special!




Everytime I hear the kids reading the memory verse from last night (Psalm 139:14), I think about this song...









...and when I hear this song, I think about our church in Alaska and then about our trip down the Alcan. We were driving thru a horrendous rain storm in Colorado, so bad that we couldn't see the road and I was getting scared...this song was playing on cd...It has given me comfort ever since and is one of our families favorite songs...I hope you like it too!

2 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

We had the same VBS this week :) The kids loved the crafts!

the hermits on the hill said...

Love this song...Your dad plays this in church too!