Friday, June 11, 2010

The song Remembers When Challenge- Love Song (Everwood)

Now, I know this song isn't really a main stream version of this song but it is one of my all time favorite songs in life and I get to hear it every night when I am tucking my girls into bed.

The moment that the guitar starts to play I am transported to a place farther north than most have ever traveled, into the land of the Yukon Territory....for me it's just a taste, or a tease really, of what's to come if you continue following the Alcan north and cross into Alaska (or Eden as I think of it).

When we left our home of Alaska, I can only really remember feeling numb...it was because it hurt so bad to leave that I really think God just made us numb to it so we could somehow get thru it and move on. I had hoped to post pictures of the trip back down to the lower 48 from that trip and I realized there were very little! I can remember just staring out the window at the amazing views, the blue water rivers standing out the most and in my memory these songs were playing...that's because that was the summer that we discovered the show Everwood and I watched it in the truck during the day and it was the only thing that gave me any bit of joy during the four days we pushed to get back down thru Canada and to just have that part of the journey over and out of the way...

It has become a nightly ritual that my girls listen to the soundtrack from Everwood as they are going to sleep and I still find such comfort in hearing these songs. If you have never seen the show, I erge you to bought it or rent it on Netflix, it was one of the best shows to ever grave our tv and we miss it terribly!!! There are still days that I just need my Everwood "fix" and I have to hear these songs...

1 comment:

Tan Family said...

I used to love watching this show, too. I'll have to listen to the soundtrack! :)